Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Add the framework, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] Before you start adding code…for user notifications, you must import…the framework UserNotifications.…In our app I'm going to do this in three places.…Let's start on the ViewController.swift file,…just under import UIKit…put import UserNotifications.…Then I'm going to go to…ManageNotificationsViewController.swift…and I'm going to do the same thing.…Now you may be seeing up here errors, just like the one…that popped up here and you can see there's a lot of 'em.…
And that's because of the import itself, it needs that.…I've used some of the code here has…some user notification stuff already here…and I need this to get rid of all that.…So import UserNotifications and finally I'm going to…do it up in the AppDelegate,…import UserNotifications.…Alright, now we can see if it works here.…I'm going to use a very important part…of the user notifications framework.…
So I'm going to go down here to application…didFinishLaunchingWithOptions and before the return true…I have to make a little space.…I'm going to introduce you to something…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.