Understand using individual constraints in subviews.
- [Instructor] So you have a small mess on your iPad.…We haven't added any of the constraints within our views.…Unlike the content we see here piled on each other,…a basic UI view will collapse in on…itself without any constraints.…And that's what we're seeing here.…I'm going to set up constraints in the button view…with co-constraints and the label view ad…with visual format language to show you the differences.…Go ahead and stop the app.…Since we're doing vertical buttons,…I'm gonna start off scratch from those.…So let's head up to the add button view,…and just underneath here, these constraints…we're gonna put in our first constraint.…
And I'm gonna start with the top…and I'm just gonna work my way around this thing,…so I'm gonna do order button dot…top equals button view dot top.…And notice here I'm going to the button view.…The super view that we're gonna be talking…about is this view, the button view.…It's not the view.…We're gonna be spending everything…and trying to constrain ourselves in there,…and then what we'll be doing is that view…
- When and why to use Auto Layout programmatically
- Creating constraints in Swift
- Resolving errors in Auto Layout
- Using the safe area
- Working with the Visual Format Language
- Adding a stack view
- Harnessing the power of inequalities and priorities in constraints
- Understanding traits and size classes
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning LayoutTest for iOS Developmentwith Kyle Sherman1h 43m Intermediate
Designing iOS and Android Appswith Renata Phillippi1h 6m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts in Auto Layout
2. Coding Constraints
3. The Visual Format Language
4. Stack Views
5. Advanced Layout
6. Size Classes
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.