Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Add buttons, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] While action buttons are standard…for notifications, you can also use buttons…either to replace or add more functionality…to the notification.…Let's move our actions into UI buttons.…So we're going to stop the app here,…and head on over to our storyboard,…and I'm going to add a few more things.…Let's organize ourselves a little better here.…And I'm going to pull open with Option + Click,…the library and find my buttons,…and I'm going to drag two buttons on the bottom here,…and we're going to make those into a stack view.…
So select both buttons, down here for stack view,…and I'm going to make them horizontal…so they're side-by-side.…Alignment will be fill, distribution will be fill equally,…that's my two buttons.…I can close the object library.…I'm going to open up the stack view…so I can click on each one of these easily.…And so for the first button here,…we'll make that snooze.…
And for the second button, we'll make that like.…I'm going to select both buttons again,…and I'll do my formatting the same here.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.