Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Add actions to categories, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] We've set our categories.…Inside categories, are going to be the actions.…Actions are UNNotificationAction objects,…and have three parameters that we'll look at.…So, let's go ahead, back to the AppDelegate,…which we can do over here.…AppDelegate, we set the categories,…and we're going to go back up into setCategories,…and above the categories we put in already,…we're going to put in our actions.…
So the first action is nextStepAction.…And then, it'll be a UNNotificationAction.…And we'll use this one identifier title with options.…The identifier here, is a string that identifies the action.…And that's how the handler will figure out…which action is which.…So, you need to make sure that this is unique,…and in this case, I'm just going to call it next.step.…
You can put next step action as well, if you would like.…And, inside the next part of this, the title,…that's the title of the button that's going to show up…on the notification, or really, below the notification.…So, we're going to put Next in here,…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.