Tilt the camera to show a 3D view. Move the camera and change altitude on the camera.
- [Narrator] We've been using map types…that are two dimensional.…Cameras and regions take on new perspectives…when we get three dimensional.…Apple calls the three dimensional view a Flyover.…There's two ways to get a Flyover mode.…You've seen one of them already,…the Type attribute in the Story Board.…There's one more property of the Story Board…that will help us with Flyover.…Close the App again and go back to the…Update Map Camera method and add this line to the camera.…
Camera.pitch and set it to 30.0.…This rotates the angle of the camera.…Zero is straight up and down.…You can then rotate the angle from…that point to any degrees you would like.…With this 30 degree angle, run the App again.…Maples in Beverly Hills have the same maps they did before…but Chicago, Chatham, and New York maps are different.…
They've angled the streets in a perspective mode.…The simulator does not give the full effect…of maps on a device, especially in Flyover.…You need to test an auditive device for Flyover.…If you have a phone handy hook it up to your Mac.…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.