Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Actions, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Narrator] So far you've added a title, a subtitle,…and body text.…You've changed the badge to read 42.…You can launch the app.…Next, you need actions.…Let's go back to Xcode and take a look…at the APNS payload again.…The beauty of the user notification frameworks…is actions with push notifications work almost the same…as a local notification.…You set a category in the content.…This time in the payload.…You'll just add one more key,…appropriately the category key to the aps dictionary.…
So I'm just going to comma, and I'll put quote here,…and we put in category.…And then after category, since we already have…a whole set of categories set up…from the local notifications,…I'm going to use one of those.…You can of course set up another category to handle it.…But I'm just going to use our good old friend,…the snooze category.…And with that,…I'm going to copy.…
And then paste my payload back into the tester.…And go ahead and test it on my phone.…And this time I'm going to use a live phone to show you.…So go ahead and hit test.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.