Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessing other apps from the Photos app, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 8.
- Another really cool new feature in iOS 8…is that you can access other photo editing apps…from directly within the Photos app.…Allowing for a smooth transition…if you want to apply basic overall edits in photos…and then take the image into another app…for additional creative work,…or into an app that offers a specialized effect,…such as textures or custom edges.…So, I'm going to take this image into the editing area,…and I'm going to apply a few initial adjustments to this.…
Going to go into light, and I'm just going to use this…slider down here to kind of lighten this up a little bit.…Let me go into the menus, bring the shadows up…a little bit more,…and bring the contrast up a little bit more,…and let's just see what I can do in terms of brightness.…Something like that looks pretty good.…Now what I want to do now is I want to take…this into another app to apply some different effects…that I can really only get in that app.…
I'm going to tap this little button right here…that has three dots in it.…And that brings up this area where I can see other apps…
- Adjusting exposure and focus in the Camera app
- Using the self-timer and burst modes
- Shooting slow-motion and time-lapse videos
- Flagging favorites
- Creating photo albums
- Adjusting images with the enhanced editing controls in iOS 8
- Trimming video
- Sharing from Photos
- Sharing with iCloud
- Syncing photos with iTunes
Skill Level Beginner
Tony Cruz's iPhone Surf Photography: Start to Finishwith Tony Cruz7m 22s Intermediate
1. Using the Camera App
2. Organizing Photos and Movies with the Photos App
3. Editing Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Sharing and Transferring Photos from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.