Join Kevin Favro for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessibility Inspector, part of iOS App Development: Accessibility.
- When designing and developing for accessibility…it's important we test our apps…to ensure all features and functionality…are exposed and accessible to all users.…Apple provides the Accessibility Inspector,…a tool we can use to audit our apps…which makes it easy to find, diagnose, and fix…common accessibility issues.…It can perform automatic accessibility audits,…has an interactive mode, that allows us…to point to different elements on the screen…and view relevant accessibility information,…and even provides live previews…of important accessibility settings…without having to leave our app.…
In this video, we'll run the Bridges app…through the Accessibility Inspector…and find issues which we'll be fixing in later chapters.…Here, I have Bridges running in the simulator.…It's a fully functioning app,…that was built without paying…any attention to accessibility.…But as we move along through the course,…we'll find issue and see how easy they are to resolve.…If you'd like, you can download the exercise files…and follow along as we inspect our app.…
In this course, explore the different accessibility technologies that are built into iOS, and learn how to build apps that all users can access. Follow Kevin Favro as he explains how to audit your app for accessibility problems, and explores various iOS technologies—including VoiceOver, a screen reader that lets you use phone even if you don't see the screen—and other considerations that might prevent someone from effectively using your app.
- Reviewing the accessibility features in iOS
- Exploring accessibility settings
- Working with VoiceOver
- Exploring Switch Control
- Using the Accessibility Inspector
- Using VoiceOver to audit your app
- Reviewing Dynamic Type
- Reducing transparency
- Reducing motion
- Setting bold fonts and darker colors
- Understanding how elements are opted into the accessibility system
- Making custom objects accessible
- Working with the VoiceOver rotor
- Working with Guided Access
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. Accessibility Overview
2. Accessibility Audit
3. Improving Our App: Visual Accommodations
4. Improving Our App: Semantic Accessibility
5. Improving Our App: Accessibility Customizations
6. Improving Our App: Guided Access
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.