Learn how to build apps that leverage the storage and remote data access capabilities of iCloud.
- [Instructor] Hi! I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to this course on developing apps using iCloud. This course is focused on the three core iCloud features. iCloud Key-Value Storage, iCloud Documents and CloudKit. We'll start off with the simplest implementation. Key-Value Storage. We'll discuss what capabilities and limitations Key-Value Storage has and go into detail about how to add iCloud Key-Value Storage into your apps. From there, we'll go into iCloud Documents.
We'll build a simple app that is able to save data to, and delete data from iCloud Drive. Finally, we'll wrap up with CloudKit, iCloud solution for applications containing structured data. We'll look at how to set up your app to support CloudKit, how to manage your CloudKit database and how to create, query and delete records using Swift. So let's jump in!
- iCloud key-value pairs
- Building a key-value pair project
- Understanding iCloud documents
- Building a iCloud document app
- Creating a subclass of UIDocument
- Saving to iCloud Drive
- Building a CloudKit project
- Using the CloudKit Dashboard
- Fetching records from a database