Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of iOS App Development: Apple iCloud API.
- [Instructor] The exercise files for this course are organized by chapters. Each chapter contains the files for the movies that we're going to be going through, throughout the course. On your screen, you're going to see paths to files to open up. These correspond to these folder locations, which contain an Xcode project file. Simply double click that file to open it up, to follow right along in Xcode. Of course, you'll have to select the appropriate file in the Project Navigator, but the file should be in the same state as they are at the beginning of the movies, as you're following along in the course.
The final states of files, for each movie, are included for your convenience as well. For those of you who don't have access to the exercise files, you can still follow along. Everything in this course is created from scratch, using the assets already in Xcode. In those few situations where I come into a movie with a prebuilt user interface, I'll show you exactly how everything is set up, so you can set up your files in the same way and follow along.
- iCloud key-value pairs
- Building a key-value pair project
- Understanding iCloud documents
- Building a iCloud document app
- Creating a subclass of UIDocument
- Saving to iCloud Drive
- Building a CloudKit project
- Using the CloudKit Dashboard
- Fetching records from a database