Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video A look at Siri integration, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Anyone who uses an iPhone knows…that Siri brings a lot to the table.…Siri integration with HomeKit is no different.…By default, Siri interacts with the primary home.…That's not to say that you can't use Siri to interact…with more than just the primary home.…In fact, Siri recognizes the names of homes,…rooms, zones, accessories, characteristics, and scenes.…The other cool thing is…that Siri recognizes complete phrases too.…Siri, turn off the lights.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.