Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video An introduction to HomeKit, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] HomeKit was first introduced in iOS 8.…It's a framework created by Apple…for the purposes of communicating and controlling…with HomeKit-enabled accessories.…These accessories include, but are not limited to things…like door locks and light bulbs,…thermostats, garage doors, and security cameras.…Apps built using the HomeKit framework…and associated APIs allow you…to wireless control these devices.…For example, you can control a HomeKit-enabled…light bulb by setting features like the brightness,…the hue and the saturation.…
You can even turn the light bulb on and off.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.