Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with triggers, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Once your action sets are created,…you can start adding triggers.…Triggers allow you to execute an action set…based on set criteria.…These triggers can contain a single action set…or multiple action sets.…To add and remove triggers from the home,…you'll use the addTrigger or removeTrigger methods…of the Home Object.…Triggers use the HMTrigger class.…This class has methods to add and remove action sets…as well as methods for enabling triggers.…There are two types of triggers.…
The first are timer-based triggers.…These are actions sets that will run at a specific time.…They can also be reoccuring.…There's also event-based triggers.…These can be set up to execute based on the user's location…or certain characteristics.…An example of a location-based event…might look something like this.…When the user arrives at their home,…trigger an event to turn on the lights and unlock the door.…Triggers are a great way to give users…a bit more control over their home.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.