Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with rooms, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] In the previous video, you saw how to use…the home manager for listing, adding and removing homes.…In this video, you'll see how to work with rooms.…Unlike homes, which are managed using the home manager,…rooms are managed and accessible using…the rooms array on the home object.…You can see here that I'm populating an array of rooms,…using the rooms array of the active home.…To add a room to a home, call the method addRoomWithName,…on the home object, and pass on the name of the room.…Remember the name must be unique.…
Like the addHomeWithName method we saw earlier,…this method also has a completion handler.…To remove a room, use the remove room method of the home…object and pass in the room object you wish to remove.…Populate your completion handler…to update your UI, and you're done.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.