Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Zones, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] As you saw earlier,…you can group rooms into different zones.…In this video, we'll take a look at how that works.…The first step is to add a new zone.…This is done on the Home object,…using the addZoneWithName method,…and then passing in the name for the zone.…Remember, the name must be unique.…To add rooms to that zone, use the…addRoom method on the Zone object.…When removing rooms from zones,…you use the removeRoom method,…and pass in the room you wish to remove.…
If you need to remove a zone completely,…you can use the removeZone method on the home object.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.