Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Accessories, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Working with accessories is…a bit different than working with homes and rooms.…With accessories, you don't create them, you find them.…You do this by using the HMAccessoryBrowser.…The first thing you need to do is set the delegate.…Then, after that's done, you call the…startSearchingForNewAccessories method.…This is the method used to locate new accessories.…When you're ready to stop searching,…call the method stopSearchingForNewAccessories.…Typically, these two methods are added to the viewDidAppear,…and viewDidDisappear functions of a view controller.…
When you set the delegate, you agree to…conform to the HMAccessoryBrowserDelegate protocol.…The two methods you will be working with here are…accessoryBrowser, didFindNewAccessory,…and accessoryBrowser, didRemoveNewAccessory.…As you might have guessed, these methods…allow you to take some action within your app,…when new accessories are found or removed.…As you can see here, when new accessories are found,…I'm calling a custom method, named updateList.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.