Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video What's new in HomeKit?, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Since the initial release…of HomeKit in iOS 8 a lot has changed.…Some of these features are available…in iOS 9 while others are still in beta…and expected to be released with iOS 10.…So without any further delay let's…take a look at what's new in HomeKit…starting with the accessories.…Accessory updates now maintain unchanged properties.…We also have access to persistent…and unique identifiers making things…a lot easier to work with.…User management is completely redesigned in iOS 10.…
And we now have predefined scenes or action sets…making it easier for the users to specify…a group of actions for common situations.…You can define time and event triggers…based on a certain set of criteria…and there's also better Siri support…allowing for a variety of commands…to help the user interact with HomeKit more efficiently.…Quite possibly the coolest new feature…in HomeKit since it's initial release…is that it's available on both…the Apple Watch and the Apple TV.…Coming in iOS 10 are rich notifications for HomeKit.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.