Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] If you have access to the exercise files, you'll find the located inside the chapter folders. Although we won't be using them directly within this course, all of the code snippets can be found inside those projects. My recommendation is that when you're done going through a chapter that has exercise files, review these projects to see HomeKit in action. While this certainly is not a requirement, it's definitely helpful. Keep in mind, the projects are created with a simplistic approach so that the code examples focus on the concept being taught rather than the overall application.
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.