Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] You want to make HomeKit enabled apps…but you don't have access to any…HomeKit compatible accessories.…Luckily, you can use the HomeKit Simulator.…The HomeKit Simulator allows you to set up…simulated devices light bulbs and cameras,…security systems and more.…It should be noted, however, that this simulator…is not installed by default.…Whether or not you have access to real hardware,…you should absolutely download and install the simulator.…To do that, head over to developer.apple.com…and download the Hardware IO Tools for Xcode.…
The simulator is included with that bundle.…There are two other ways you can get it.…You can access the More Developer Tools option…directly from within Xcode,…or, when setting up your HomeKit enabled app,…there's an option to download the HomeKit Simulator…once you switch on the HomeKit capability.…Installing the simulator is easy and straight forward.…You download the DMG, you double-click it to open it…and then you drag the HomeKit Accessory Simulator…icon to your Applications folder.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.