Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding services, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Once you understand about homes…and accessories, you're ready to move on to services.…Services are your direct access…to the characteristics of an accessory.…For example, a light bulb service…may include characteristics…like name, power state, brightness, hue and saturation.…These are things we talked about before.…But an accessory can also include…an accessory information service.…The characteristics here would include things like…manufacturer, name, model, serial number, you get the idea.…
Before you're able to modify any of the characteristics…of an accessory, you first have to access the services.…This is done using the services array…of the accessory object.…Here we're simply adding the services,…to a services array that we can use in our app.…Now that we have the services we can start modifying…and updating the values of the characteristics.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.