Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Service characteristics, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Service Characteristics are basically…the attributes of an accessory.…Updating the values of characteristics for an accessory,…starts with setting the accessories delegate.…Once the delegate is set,…you can read the characteristics of the service,…from the characteristics array in the service object.…Now that you have the characteristics from the service,…you need to enable notification for the characteristics…you plan to control.…Because you set the delegate,…you can keep track of accessory updates,…using the protocol methods in HMAccessoryDelegate.…
This includes the functions…accessoryDidUpdateReachability,…and accessorydidUpdateValueForCharacteristic.…To modify a value,…you'll use the right value method of the characteristic.…Here, I'm updating a bool value,…to modify the power state of my light bulb service.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.