Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing the HomeKit database, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a closer look…at how the HomeKit database keeps are homes in sync.…We already know there's a single common HomeKit database…and that all third-party apps operate on this database.…All of the data is synchronized securely,…and the HomeKit's delegation pattern handles keeping things…up-to-date across the multiple devices.…When keeping the HomeKit database up-to-date,…the delegate tracks when a home is added,…or when it's removed.…It also tracks when the collection of homes has been updated…and when the manager updates its primary home.…
By implementing this delegation pattern properly,…it becomes very easy to keep things in sync.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.