Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Homes, rooms, and zones, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a moment…to go though the classes you'll use…for defining and working with homes, rooms, and zones,…starting with HMHome.…You can see here that HMHome has its own Delegate,…along with some properties and functions…that you can use to define information about the home.…You could also access and manage rooms inside the home.…This is done with the Rooms property…and the corresponding functions.…Notice roomForEntireHome.…This returns the default room and is used…for accessories that are not assigned to a specific room.…
Accessories may also be accessed through a Home object.…Not only can you access and manage accessories,…but you can also manage and access services…and service groups.…But it goes beyond that.…You can also manage zones and action sets.…All of these will be explained in greater detail…as we got through the course.…One thing I do want to mention…is that as of iOS 9, managing users…by way of the Home object has been deprecated.…Apple has really streamlined how they handle HomeKit users…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.