- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Tammy Coron. In this course, you'll learn how to develop HomeKit-enabled iOS apps. Before we begin, let's take a look at what this course covers. We'll start with the basics of HomeKit, covering everything from what it is to making apps that support it. From there, we'll go over the HomeKit database and how its delegation pattern works. Next, we'll move on to learning about the home layout. This includes setting up homes, rooms, and zones. Once we've covered that, we'll move on to locating and adding accessories and working with services and service groups.
We then take a look at actions, action sets, and triggers. Then managing users, Siri integration, and finally, interface and App Store guidelines. As you can see, this course is jam-packed with information. By the end, you should have a better understanding of HomeKit and how to make your own HomeKit-enabled apps.
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.