Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining a home layout, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at some of the layout…elements in HomeKit, and how they relate to one another.…In HomeKit, everything starts with the home.…A single user can have multiple homes,…but only one can be designated as the primary home.…The primary home is the default home…that receives Siri commands.…Homes are created using the HMHome class.…Inside a home can exist multiple rooms,…rooms like a kitchen, bedroom, living room,…and even a garage.…These are created using the HMRoom class.…
Homes can also include accessories.…These are the HomeKit compatible devices…the user controls, things like door locks,…light bulbs, thermostats, garage doors,…et cetera and so forth.…These are created using the HMAccessory class.…Each accessory has a set of services and characteristics…represented by the HMService class…and HMCharacteristic class.…For example, a light bulb's service might include…characteristics like a power setting,…brightness, hue, and saturation.…
When viewed as a complete layout, a typical home…might look something like this.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.