Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Before we begin, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Now that you know what this course covers, let's go over some of the pre-requisites. First and foremost, this course focuses on the ins and outs of the HomeKit Framework. It does not focus on how to use Xcode or any of the programming basics required for making iOS apps. Therefore, it's important that you're familiar with the basics of programming for iOS and how to use Xcode. You should also know how to program using the Swift language. Incidentally, Swift 3.0 was recently released, along with Xcode 8 and iOS 10.
Because of their current beta status, however, we will not be focusing on those versions. Instead, we'll stick with the current release versions, that is Xcode 7.3, Swift 2.3, and iOS 9.
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.