Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Actions and action sets, part of Developing for HomeKit & iOS.
- [Voiceover] Action sets, which are also referred…to as scenes, allow users to group several actions together…into a single action set.…For example, you might create an action set…that turns off a group of lights,…lowers the temperature, and locks the door.…You might create another that turns on the lights,…unlocks the door, and raises the temperature.…By creating these action sets, the user has an easier time…controlling multiple accessories in the home at once.…By default, there are four action sets.…They are Good Morning, I'm Leaving,…I'm Home, and Good Night.…
But you can also create custom action sets.…To create an action set, you'll use…the addActionSetWithName method on the Home object,…and you'll pass in a unique name for the action set.…With the action set created,…you can then use HMCharacteristicWriteAction…to create your actions.…Simply pass in the characteristic you want to adjust,…and then the target value for that adjustment.…Once you have the action created,…use the addAction method of the action set…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming iOS 9 and GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.