Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessories and services, part of iOS HomeKit Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Now it's time to take a look…at the classes you'll be using…for controlling the accessories…and the services within your home.…HMAccessory represents the physical device…with properties to help establish things…like available services, reachability, and name.…One thing to note here is that it also…has a delegate, something we'll cover…a little later in the course.…Before moving on, let's take a look…at the class behind services, the HMService class.…This class is what you'll use to interact…with accessories, specifically their characteristics.…
In fact, if we look at the Accessory Service Types constant,…you may recognize some familiar things…from when we were looking at the HomeKit Simulator.…These constants can be utilized to help…set up groupings, so keep them in mind…when you're designing and developing your app.…
- What is HomeKit?
- What's new in HomeKit?
- Using the HomeKit Accessory Simulator
- Defining a home layout
- Using the Home Manager
- Configuring homes, rooms, and zones
- Creating your first home
- Observing HomeKit database changes
- Configuring actions and action sets
- Working with triggers
- Integrating with Siri
- Building your first app with HomeKit integration
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with HomeKit
2. Understanding Home Configuration
3. Creating Your First Home
Working with Accessories1m 53s
4. An In-Depth Look at the HomeKit Database
5. Services, Characteristics, and Service Groups
6. Managing the Home
7. Creating a HomeKit App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.