Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video Let's talk about accessibility, part of iOS 9 3D Touch In Depth.
- [Voiceover] iOS provides assistive features…to help people with disabilities operate their devices.…Some of these include VoiceOver and AssistiveTouch.…VoiceOver helps those with visual impairments…know what's happening on the screen…by allowing users to touch the screen…and hear what's under their finger.…AssistiveTouch lets users adapt…the multi-touch screen gestures…to meet their unique physical needs.…Both of these accessibility features…are supported by 3D Touch.…
In this course, Tammy Coron walks through the 3D Touch API. She shows how to add static and dynamic quick actions, which allow you to display shortcuts for app-specific tasks. She also covers peek—for displaying live previews of items—and pop, which opens a detailed version of the peek view. Last but not least, she shows how to implement custom actions using UITouch's new properties: force and maximumPossibleForce.
- Accessibility and 3D Touch
- Checking for 3D Touch availability
- Understanding static vs. dynamic actions
- Working with peek and pop views
- Working with UITouch objects