Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video The advanced Edit tool, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
Now I would like to show you a tool that will really come in handy once you…start turning into an iMovie hotshot, and that tool is the Edit tool.…It's found right here in your toolbar, but it only appears if you have the…Advanced tool selected in Preferences.…So again go to iMovie > Preferences, and under General, make sure you have Show…Advanced tools checked.…Actually, there is nothing really that advanced about the tool;…it just makes adding clips to your project much quicker and easier.…Start by selecting the tool and then skim through your Event Browser to find…some footage you want to add to your project.…
So maybe this shot here of our surfer coming towards the camera, maybe…right as he goes by over the end of that clip, so I am just going to click…and drag to the left.…Notice the area I am selecting is turning orange, and when I release my mouse,…that area highlighted is moved up to the end of my project.…This is great when you know exactly which parts of your raw footage you want to use.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.