Create a fast-paced sports video, for the home team or the pros, with the friendly tools in iMovie '11.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Abba Shapiro and welcome to Creating a Sports Highlight Reel with iMovie. In this course, we're gonna take a look at some advanced techniques in iMovie that you can use to make an exciting sports highlight movie. We'll start with some specific editing strategies. We'll kick off the sports movie with a quick action to get your viewers attention. Next, we'll use an interview with one of the players to add structure and focus to the story. We'll use specialized themes and titles in iMovie to give your sports reel authentic motion graphics.
And even boring footage can be made to look more exciting with music. We'll look at a few ways to add music and mix it cleanly with the interview audio. Finally, we'll look at a few special effects tricks to add some extra dynamic flare. In this course, I'm assuming you've already used iMovie or have gone through the iMovie essential training on Lynda.com. If you haven't checked out that course yet, be sure to take a look. Now, let's get started with Creating a Sports Highlight Reel with iMovie.
- Capturing the moment
- Adjusting settings in iMovie
- Cutting and editing the video
- Creating a trailer for the video
- Working with the Sports theme
- Reducing background noise
- Adding and mixing music
- Stabilizing shaky video
- Creating a split screen
- Adding instant replays and changing the video speed