Shows beginning videographers how to approach capturing, editing, and sharing a family vacation video using iMovie and their own videos and photographs.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Abba Shapiro, and welcome to Creating a Vacation Video with iMovie. In this course we'll look at some advanced techniques in iMovie that you can use to make an exciting vacation highlights reel of your travels with friends and family. We'll start by examining some of the best practices for shooting video while on vacation. We'll look at how to organize your story and cut it tightly to keep your audience interested. You'll learn how to record a voice over to picture and then mix that voiceover with music and sound effects.
We'll look at incorporating your vacation photos into your video as well as using iMovie's specialized themes and titles to give your video that professional look. Finally, we'll show you how to create a few special effects, such as picture in picture, instant replays, and slow motion. In this course, I'm assuming you've already used iMovie or have gone through the iMovie essential training course on Lynda.com. Now let's get started with Creating a Vacation Video with iMovie.
- Capturing the moment
- Adjusting settings in iMovie
- Cutting and editing the video
- Reducing background noise
- Adding and mixing music
- Cropping or fitting a photo to the video frame
- Correcting color
- Stabilizing shaky video
- Creating a split screen
- Changing video speed