Use your Mac to create movies to share with family and friends. Learn how to edit video, add music and effects, and export movies for sharing with iMovie.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Garrick Chow. In this course, we'll look at how to use iMovie to create great looking movie projects you can share with your friends and family. I'll start by showing you how to import video footage and organize it into events, from which you'll be able to assemble your projects into concise, effective stories. We'll see how you can make videos look their best by performing color correction and adding video effects. From there, we'll look at more sophisticated types of edits like how to create cutaways, or picture-in-picture effects. We'll see how to affect the mood and tone of a project with sound effects and music, and once the project is done and you're ready to share it with the world, I'll walk you through all the options for exporting your project from iMovie.
We'll be covering all of these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques for making your videos the best they can be, in iMovie. Let's get started.
- What's new in iMovie 10.1.2?
- Importing video
- Browsing events
- Adding clips to a new iMovie project
- Organizing and rating clips
- Trimming video
- Splitting, inserting, and connecting clips
- Creating still clips
- Adding photos, transitions, and titles
- Adjusting video speed
- Applying special effects
- Adding music and sound effects
- Sharing movies
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2015)with Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Import Video
2. Understand the Interface
Interface overview5m 28s
3. Organize Clips
4. Edit Video
5. Work with Photos, Transitions, Titles, and Effects
6. Work with Audio
7. Share Your Movies
Export to iMovie Theater6m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.