Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using transitions, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
At this point, you should be pretty comfortable with the idea of assembling your…movie by dragging in various clips and still images from your Event Browser.…But the way our movie is set up right now, all of the clips are basically going…to cut very abruptly from one to another, which might be the effect you're going…for in some movies, but most likely you will more often want to have smoother…transitions between clips.…That's where iMovie's transitions come in to play.…Whether or not your viewers are conscious of it, transitions act to smooth…the movement from one click to another and give you a project a more…professional appearance than that of a video that just looks like it was…assembled with scissors and tape.…
You can see iMovie's available transitions here in Transition pane.…So these are the 24 transition effects you can apply between your clips.…Placing your mouse over a transition gives you a little a preview of the effect.…Now generally speaking, if you want your video to have a more professional look…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
GarageBand '11 Essential Trainingwith Todd Howard4h 58m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.