Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a traditional timeline, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
Okay, this movie is for anyone who is not new to iMovie or video editing.…When Apple first released iMovie '08 it was a radical departure from…traditional video editing applications in that it threw out the traditional…timeline that was common and which remains common in just about all other video…editing applications, including earlier versions of iMovie.…Initially, many people really hated this new way of cutting footage together.…Personally, I think it's a much simpler way to edit movies, which as you have…been seeing, is just a matter of selecting the portions of the clips you want to…use and dragging them into the order in which you want to play them.…
It's so simple, and really iMovie is aimed at people who have little-to-no…experience with editing videos or even with computers in general.…The way traditional video editing applications work is with a timeline in which…all of your clips appear linearly left to right in chronological order, and you…would scroll horizontally through your clips, instead of having them wrapped…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
GarageBand '11 Essential Trainingwith Todd Howard4h 58m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.