Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using one-step effects, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
New to iMovie '11 are several video effects that you can quickly and…easily apply to your projects to affect the look and feel of your video and still images.…These are referred to as one-step effects because they're so easy to apply. Let's take a look.…Start by selecting the clip or portion of the clip that you want to apply the effect to.…I like this clip of our surfer coming towards the camera, but actually, let me…go to my Clip Trimmer.…I am just going to adjust the length, so we have a little bit more room to play…with this. Start all the way back here. Done.…
Okay, that just makes my clip a little bit longer, so I have more room to play here.…So I'm going to select the portion where he is coming right at the camera,…maybe right here where our surfer is holding his arm out, looking really cool.…I'll select from there backwards.…Now, it doesn't really matter how much of the clip you select;…you just want to make sure the last frame is the frame you want to see…the effect applied to.…So I'll choose Clip > Special Effect > Flash and Hold Last Frame.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.