One of the more fun features you'll find in iMovie '11 is its ability to…superimpose one clip over another using a green or blue screen effect.…To accomplish this effect, one of your clips has to include a green or blue background.…iMovie can automatically remove the green or blue parts of the scene,…letting you see through those parts of the footage to the footage from the…clip underneath it.…For this exercise, I am going to import some footage from my exercise files.…So I'll choose File > Import > Movies, and I've copied onto my Desktop a folder…called green screen, which contains these three movies.…
I am going to create a new event, and I'll just call it Green Screen and import them.…And yes, I do want to import the entire directory.…Okay, so here is my footage right here.…So to accomplish the effect, you have to be shooting in front of a green or blue…background, and it has to be one of those two colors and not any other color.…The brighter and more saturated the green or blue, the better.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.