Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
If you have a premium membership to the lynda.com Online Training Library, or if…you are watching this course on a disc, you have access to these sample movies…and photos I will use throughout this course, and you can use these files to…work along with me.…Now, this is a progressive course, meaning that I am going to create a new…project early on, and then continue to build and refine it throughout the rest of the course.…So while you can jump around the course and watch any movies you like, if you…want to work along with me, you will have to start from at least the beginning…of chapter 5 Editing Video, when I start building the project from scratch if…you want to build the same project.…
The Exercise Files folder contains all the footage and photos I use, but iMovie…isn't designed to let you import a project that's already in progress, so that's…not something we can provide.…But in any case, you can always work with your own footage and jump in at any…point, whether you have access to the exercise files or not.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
GarageBand '11 Essential Trainingwith Todd Howard4h 58m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.