Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Stabilizing video, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
Probably one of the most useful features of iMovie '11 is the built-in…video stabilization.…Unlike professional videographers, casual shooters like myself probably don't…use the tripod as much as we should. And I think we've all been in editing…situations where you want to use a specific clip in our movie, but the footage…is just too shaky from being shot on a handheld camera or out a car window or…for any number of reasons.…iMovie's stabilization capability can make previously unusable footage usable, and…it's really easy to do.…I have this footage here of my surfer strapping on his boots.…
Let's take a look at this.…(video playing) (birds chirping)…So that's fairly shaky.…Let's see what iMovie can do with it.…I am going to click its pop-up menu and choose Clip Adjustments.…Now, I am going to click Analyze Entire Clip.…So you can see now iMovie is analyzing for stabilization.…Basically what it does is it checks it out frame by frame, trying to match the…objects in one frame with the objects in the previous frame.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.