Before we begin, it's a good idea to make sure you are running the…latest version of iMovie.…Apple often releases software updates that include bug fixes and sometimes new features.…In the case of iMovie, you can find out which version you are running by going…to your Applications folder, selecting iMovie by clicking it once, and then from…the menu at the top of the window, choosing Get Info.…And as you can see here, I am running version 9.0, which is the first version of iMovie `11.…Now, by the time you are watching this movie, Apple may have already…released some updates.…You can check for updates the same way you check for all updates for Apple…software: just click the Apple button and then choose Software Update.…
Your Mac will connect to the Apple servers, and if any updates are available,…they will appear here.…Now in my case, all of my software is up to date, but if there were any updates…available, I would see them listed in the top portion of the pane here, along…with a description of the software, including what bug fixes were added or what…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.