Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing from other sources, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
There are most likely going to be times when the video you want to edit or work with…doesn't come from a video camera or a still camera, but maybe instead from a…file that someone has e-mailed you or sent you on a disc.…Well, iMovie can import just about any video file that ends with .mov, .mp4, or .dv.…I copied the folder surfing clips to my Desktop from the exercise files folder.…So if you have access to the exercise files, you can follow along with me,…because we'll be using some of this footage in many of the upcoming movies…throughout the rest of this course. And you can see these are all .MOV files.…Now to use this footage in iMovie, I just need to go to File > Import > Movies.…
I need to locate my files, so I'll look in my Desktop, and there is surfing clips.…I'm just going to leave that folder selected, and again, we see many of the same…options that we see when we imported from a camera.…We can choose what hard drive we want to import to, whether we want to add to an…existing event or create a new event.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
GarageBand '11 Essential Trainingwith Todd Howard4h 58m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.