Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing from a memory-based camera, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
Most of the consumer-level camcorders you can buy in stores these days record…to their own internal hard drives rather than to some kind of removable media,…like mini DV tapes or mini DVDs.…You can still find camcorders that use removable media, but they are getting…more and more scarce.…Previously, we looked at how to import footage from tape-based cameras, so in…this movie we're going to look at how to import from a tape-less camera, which…also include camcorders that use mini DVDs.…For this example, I have a hard drive- based camera connected to my Mac, but I…haven't turned it on yet, so I'm going to go ahead and turn it on now, and you…want to set your camera to Playback or VTR mode.…
Some cameras may need you to make additional selections to indicate whether…you're connecting to a computer or to some other recording device.…For example, the Sony camera I'm using asks me if I'm connecting to a computer…or to a DVD burner, so I need to select computer on its screen before iMovie can see it.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.