Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing from a digital still camera, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
A lot of today's digital still cameras also shoot video, so it makes sense that…you should be able to edit that video in iMovie.…Many people these days probably shoot more video on their digital cameras than…with dedicated video cameras, because they usually have their digital camera…with them in their pocket.…Lots of people are even shooting video with their cell phones, which are…producing better quality videos than ever.…Now, most cell phone movies are not going to be HD quality, but if you just want…to edit and upload a video you shot so your friends can check it out over the…Internet, the quality and file size is fine for that.…Of course when you want high-quality video, you still can't beat an actual video…camera, but a lot of today's digital still cameras are getting fairly close.…
Now digital cameras fall into the realm of iPhoto, so when you plug your…still camera or your camera's memory card into your Mac, iPhoto should open by default.…I'm going to plug in a memory card for my camera into my Mac right now, and if I…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.