Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Finalizing your project, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
When you've reached to the point where you are certain your iMovie project is…in its final form--meaning you are sure you're not going to make any more…changes to it, or at least pretty sure--you might want to consider finalizing the project.…When you finalize a project in iMovie, iMovie saves your project in all the…possible sizes we looked at in this chapter:…Mobile, Medium, Large, HD 720p, and HD 1080p--as long as your project…supports those sizes.…Unlike exporting your movie to the Media Browser, the finalized versions of the…movies don't show up in the Media Browser or iMovie.…Instead, iMovie stores them and uses them when you share your project to your…MobileMe or to one of the social media sites we looked at, like YouTube or…Facebook, and that cuts down the time needed to share a movie to those sites.…
Think of finalizing your movie as pre- rendering them so they're always ready to go.…This can be especially useful if you have a long project and don't want to have…to wait for the movie to be compressed later before you upload it.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
GarageBand '11 Essential Trainingwith Todd Howard4h 58m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.