Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting QuickTime movies, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
Now, let's look at some final options we have for exporting and sharing…our iMovie project.…Below the dividing line under the Share menu, we have Export Movie, Export using…QuickTime, and Export Final Cut XML.…Now, Export Movie is just like exporting to iTunes or to the Media Browser…in terms of options.…You can choose Mobile, Medium, Large, HD 720p, or HD 1080p.…The only real difference here is that instead of storing the movie in iTunes or…in the Media Browser, you're placing the movie somewhere on your Mac.…Notice we can choose where we want to save this movie here.…
I can then expand this and then pick any hard drive on my Mac or any other…location on my Mac to save this movie.…For instance, I might want to save a version on the Desktop.…Actually, let's go ahead and select Desktop.…So maybe, for example, you just edited a movie for a coworker as a favor…and you have no need to keep copy of his nephew's eighth birthday party on your computer.…You would just choose a save location, choose one of the sizes, and then click Export.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
GarageBand '11 Essential Trainingwith Todd Howard4h 58m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.