Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video The Event Library and Event Browser, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Okay, let's take a closer look now on how we work with the Event Library.…As I mentioned earlier, iMovie 11 is about organizing all of the videos on your…Mac into a single library, and the Event Library is where that happens.…From here, you can access any video you've ever imported into iMovie and use it…on any project you want.…We've already seen that events are organized in a couple of different ways.…We can see the last event we imported, our iPhoto videos. And the rest of the…events are organized by year, and by the event's name.…So when you select any event in the Event Library, its contents are shown over…here on the right in the Event browser.…
This is called the source video, because it always remains exactly as you…imported it and won't be altered by any changes or edits you make to it in the…Project pane up here.…So you can use the same footage over and over again in several different…projects without worrying about messing up the original source video.…Now, what we're seeing by default here is a frame for every five seconds a video.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
GarageBand '11 Essential Trainingwith Todd Howard4h 58m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.