Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Delete unwanted clips, part of iMovie 10.1.1 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] All right, this is an updated…movie to this course, recorded in iMovie 10.1.2,…because in this version of iMovie there's been an update…to how clips are handled when you delete them.…Now, as your iMovie event library continues to grow…over time, there's going to be more and more footage…in there that you'll probably never use.…This is why it's a good idea to always…mark your footage as favorites as well as rejected.…You can leave footage you're not sure about unmarked,…but there's bound to be a lot of footage…that you know you absolutely won't use,…so be sure to mark those clips as rejected,…because it'll make it much easier to delete them later…when you start running out of hard drive space.…
So as we've seen, you can mark a clip as rejected…by right clicking on it, and choosing Reject.…Your rejected clips can be viewed by coming up to this menu…and choosing Rejected, and then here you can decide…whether these clips are really no good,…or you can give them a reprieve by unrating them,…and that sends them back to the event they came from.…
- What's new in iMovie 10.1.2?
- Importing video
- Browsing events
- Adding clips to a new iMovie project
- Organizing and rating clips
- Trimming video
- Splitting, inserting, and connecting clips
- Creating still clips
- Adding photos, transitions, and titles
- Adjusting video speed
- Applying special effects
- Adding music and sound effects
- Sharing movies
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2015)with Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Import Video
2. Understand the Interface
Interface overview5m 28s
3. Organize Clips
4. Edit Video
5. Work with Photos, Transitions, Titles, and Effects
6. Work with Audio
7. Share Your Movies
Export to iMovie Theater6m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.