Another important tool you should know how to use is the Crop tool.…The Crop tool is useful in a variety of circumstances. For example, maybe you…have a great shot of the beach on your vacation, but it's ruined by some people…walking around near the edge of the shot.…You can easily get rid of them by cropping them out. Or if you have standard-…sized footage that you're using in a widescreen aspect ratio and you want to…avoid having black bars on the side of your image, you can zoom in on the shot…using the Crop tool.…Or even if your footage is in the same aspect ratio as your project, you…might want to zoom in a little anyway to place more focus on the subject in your footage.…
The Crop tool can also be used to rotate your footage, which is especially…useful if you were shooting video with your digital camera and forgot that can't…really hold the camera sideways when you're shooting videos like you can when…you are shooting still images.…So the Crop tool is an extremely useful tool to have at your disposal.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.