Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Video and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Capturing the moment
- Adjusting settings in iMovie
- Cutting and editing the video
- Reducing background noise
- Adding and mixing music
- Cropping or fitting a photo to the video frame
- Correcting color
- Stabilizing shaky video
- Creating a split screen
- Changing video speed
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Abba Shapiro, and welcome to Creating a Vacation Video with iMovie. In this course we'll look at some advanced techniques in iMovie that you can use to make an exciting vacation highlights reel of your travels with friends and family. We'll start by examining some of the best practices for shooting video while on vacation. We'll look at how to organize your story and cut it tightly to keep your audience interested. You'll learn how to record a voice over to picture and then mix that voiceover with music and sound effects.
We'll look at incorporating your vacation photos into your video as well as using iMovie's specialized themes and titles to give your video that professional look. Finally, we'll show you how to create a few special effects, such as picture in picture, instant replays, and slow motion. In this course, I'm assuming you've already used iMovie or have gone through the iMovie essential training course on Lynda.com. Now let's get started with Creating a Vacation Video with iMovie.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.