Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Capturing live action, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
iMovie isn't all about importing recorded content;…sometimes you just want to be spontaneous, which is why it's so great that iMovie…lets you record live video.…All you need is an iSight camera, which comes built into all current MacBooks,…MacBook Pro's, and iMacs--or any FireWire camera, the same kind you can import…DV tape footage from.…Being able to record yourself live is great for things like video blogging or …on-the-spot reporting, and it's super easy to do.…If your Mac doesn't have a built-in iSight camera and if you don't have one of…the discontinued stand-alone models that Apple use to make, just connect the…FireWire camcorder to iMovie.…Actually even if you do have an iSight camera, you might want to use a camcorder…anyway to get a better picture.…
To make your recording, you can choose File > Import from Camera, or click the…Import Camera button found right here in iMovie's window.…And just like that, you can now see me live in the lynda.com booth.…Well, there is a site that lay between what I'm saying and what you're…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
GarageBand '11 Essential Trainingwith Todd Howard4h 58m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.